Domain Authority (DA) is a metric developed by Moz to determine the authority of your website. It is measured between 0 to 100 and the higher the DA of a website, the greater are its chances of ranking higher in SERPs (search engine result pages) and generating more organic traffic. Domain authority is a significant factor in determining whether your website pages soar to the top of search engine page rankings or drop down. You can efficiently track the domain authority of any website by installing the Moz extension on your browser or monitoring Open Site Explorer by Moz.
Without identifying your domain authority, you may miss out on crucial traffic and revenue opportunities and lag behind in the competition. Here are a few ways you can improve the domain authority of your website:
On-Page SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
On-Page SEO plays an essential role in driving your DA from low to high. It consists of technical factors like keyword placement, page titles, and keyword density.
Let’s have a look at some steps that will help you advance your On-Page SEO:
- The density of the keyword: Keep the density of the keyword between 0.5 to 1.5% and avoid keyword stuffing.
- Targeted keyword: Select a comprehensive keyword for your blog posts, and go for long-tail keywords as they are easier to rank. Utilise the keyword once in the initial section of your post.
- Heading tags: Use heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to highlight the principal points.
- Permalink structure: Try and use an SEO-friendly permalink composition which includes your focus keyword.
- Meta description: It is important to fill out the meta description, and avoid leaving it blank.
- Compose keyword rich headlines: The headline of your blog post should be engaging and keyword rich. It is always beneficial to start your headline with the focus keyword.
- Image optimisation: Optimise your images to promote your SEO status.
- Content: Textual content is most important for website. Please hire a professional website content writer to ensure the quality of content is high.
If you are not managing your SEO, then it may become difficult for your website to rank well on search engines such as Google. On-Page Optimisation is one of the best techniques to drive interested guests to your site.
Concentrate on Internal Link Building
Links are a dominant force for website traffic, making link building an essential feature to drive your rankings up. According to the SEO PowerSuite Link Building Report published in 2017, almost 72% of SEOs said backlinks play a significant role in rankings. If users think that your website has the power and wish to spread your posts and message, they will want to link to your website. The more users interact with your website, the more search engines observe your website as being useful and trustworthy, giving it a higher ranking.
The best model of internal linking is Wikipedia with a DA score of 100. Internal linking decreases the bounce rate and linking older posts will make your current post more captivating and informative.
Draft Unique Linkable Content
It is imperative to write quality content to attain a good DA score. The content on your website not only has to be unique, but also provide value to the readers. Writing quality content requires a great strategy, and the length of the article doesn’t have to be long, but only relevant to the users. Use GIFs, images, and good-quality videos to make your content more interesting and appealing. Also, remember that your website will suffer if you publish short, unnecessary, and uninspiring content. You can even publish statistics and case studies that you have analysed and let visitors learn about your latest findings.
Here are some tips to keep in mind while writing content:
- Plagiarism is a big no-no. Avoid copying from someone else’s website and pasting it on your post.
- Use synonyms rather than using the same word.
- Try to stay on point and don’t go off subject and discuss unrelated issues.
- Build your content in such a way that it looks professional.
Guest Posting or Guest Blogging
Submit Guest posting is one of the best techniques to improve your referral traffic and grow your brand’s authority. Previously, link building was a traditional way used by admins for guest posting and spamming links. This method is no longer helpful as Google discerns the modifications made to the links. Since there are several tools available for reaching the audience, you have to select the website carefully you would prefer to write for. If you guest post on a site that has a higher DA than you, you automatically build your credibility, and users will see you as a leader. A good SEO Agency can help you increase your reach and have an aggressive outreach program.
Guest blogging is also an excellent way to spread awareness of your brand. You can guest blog for administrative websites, which will make your brand stand out amongst the crowd, and obtain a marketable backlink.If you want to publish a well-researched article on Tech blog then you have to write keywords like Tech Blog Write For Us. then you will find in search result site for blogging. If you don’t have time to write a blog post, hire a blog writer.
Make Sure That You Have A Mobile-Friendly Website
Having a mobile-friendly website is no longer optional but an indispensable feat. If you don’t have a website that is mobile friendly yet, an excellent way to start is to utilise Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test and run the analysis for your domain. Google will provide you with a detailed report with tips and suggestions on how to make the website more mobile-ready. Moreover, you can also add AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) to support to your website.
Here are a few reasons why having a mobile-friendly website will do you good:
- Maximum users search on mobile first and then proceed on a desktop (if required).
- Mobile searches are approximately 60% more than desktop searches.
- Google is developing a mobile-first index and non-mobile friendly websites will not be included in the list.
- Not having a mobile-friendly website will have a negative impact on your overall domain authority score.
Improve The Page Speed
A website that loads faster has an added edge over slower websites. Thus, increasing your page speed will not only improve your domain authority and rankings but also make the user experience more satisfying. This will eventually render more leads, sales, and fresh signups.
However, it is not easy to improve the problem of slow page speed as there are a lot of technical factors involved in it. Thus, if you are not a coder or a developer with sound technical knowledge, it could be quite challenging. So, if you can’t afford to hire a coder to enhance the loading speed of the site, then you can perform the following tasks:
- Eliminate redundant plugins
- Upgrade WordPress
- Contact your web hosting service provider and request them to provide you with a statement on your server’s performance. You can accordingly upgrade to a better server.
- Optimise the file size of the images on the page
- Use a CDN (content delivery network) if you have extensive CSS files and multiple images.
- Use an online streaming service like YouTube or Vimeo for broadcasting videos
Improve User Experience
User experience is a huge factor in ascertaining whether visitors choose to view your website or not. If your website links to pages that no longer exist and is difficult to navigate, this will lead them to leave the page before clicking on other links. To improve your user experience and improve your domain authority, analyse your content structure and website navigation, and examine if it is simple to find specific pages by splitting up content into sections and subsections. You can also determine whether specific design choices like font size and colour negatively affect the website’s navigation. Simply redesign your page navigation or restructure your website’s architecture to make sure your user experience is smooth. Hire a UI/UX agency to ensure that you get professional help in designing your website.
Domain authority is essential for a number of reasons as it enables you to assess the overall performance of your website. It also allows you to compare your score to competing websites to know your website’s stand. By identifying the domain authority of other websites, you can select websites which are worthy of linking your content with. This will also help in learning the websites that are industry professionals and good for establishing a relationship. Lastly, always remember that domain authority does not improve overnight, so be patient to see what works best for your website.